Contract screen printing nightmares happen and it can be a big blow to the business that’s on the receiving in.
Simply put, it stinks.
You’ve placed an order with your reputable vendor, only to find out the devil truly is in the details and that you’ve been shortchanged somewhere along the way.
These details may seem minor, but as they start to impact your supply chain, and more importantly, your customers, things suddenly become a big deal.
We’ve been on the receiving end of contract screen printing nightmares. Here’s five nightmare experiences we had prior to starting Print Poets that we never want to happen to you.
- Disappearing Blank Shirt Stock – This is an item that will simply cripple you over time. Here’s a classic example. You do a recount of shirts and your contract screen printing partner tells you you have 100 shirts. You then print 10. 100 – 10 = 90 left in stock. Then, on your next run you submit an order to print the remaining 90. Upon “completion” of the job your printer tells you they’ve shorted you 10 because you didn’t have enough stock. This means there math now looks like this: 100 – 10 = 80. See how that doesn’t work? Over time it becomes excruciating to deal with.
- Small Fish Delays – you’re expecting a turnaround in X number of days. You then get an email letting you know that a bigger client had a large job that needed to be completed and it bumped you off the press.
- The What Was in a Box Now isn’t Magic Trick – 10 finished goods are reportedly put in a box and shipped to you. We know this because the contract screen printer has lots of fancy checks and balances. Upon arriving to your facility you open the box to find that it only has eight finished goods. Somewhere in transit the missing two magically disappear. You then go back and forth with the vendor and they don’t refund you a dime. This now means you are out the cost of the shirt plus screen fees plus printing fees and transit fees.
- Crappy Quality – This pretty much speaks for itself. You get sideways prints. Misprints. Ink stains. Things that never in a million years should have made it to you.
- Horrible Stock Reporting – This can be a true nightmare when you experience number one and four, especially when number four is damaged out and they don’t tell you. This leaves you in a horrible reality of not knowing which end is up when it comes to your stock. You’re literally bleeding money.
Unfortunately, we could probably make a much longer list than this when it comes to contract screen printing nightmares. But then again, we don’t want to absolutely freak you out.
Contract screen printing at Print Poets doesn’t come with these experiences. Your designs and finished goods are treated as if they were ours. We pay attention to all aspects and treat you as a true partner.